End of Term Message from the Headmaster – 13 July 2018
We were blessed once again this year with wonderful weather for Speech Day and Prizegiving, and I was delighted to see so many people in attendance.
Although this is the final Friday Messages until September, the Nursery will be open throughout the summer, and already good use has been made of the wider school site now that the rest of the pupils are on holiday. Yesterday’s ‘Splashtastic Thursday’ saw even the youngest children enjoying some fantastic outdoor play on a tarpaulin water-slide on the back field.
Next Term Next term’s School Calendar has been sent to the printers, a link to a PDF version is below. Printed copies will be available at the start of next term. Please note that the calendar now contains details of the dates of all the major events which are planned for the whole of the academic year through to July 2019 for both the School and the Nursery, so please do look towards the end of the document/booklet and make a note of relevant events in your diary.
Some useful details in preparation for next term:
Monday 3 September
- Term begins (Years 3 and above registration at 8.30am; Haybrook doors open at 8.30am)
- Before School Care Club for Reception to Year 8 in the Burden Building Library from 7.45am
- Little Saints Nursery open as usual from 7.45am
- School Uniform Shop open from 8.30 until 9.30am
Tuesday 4 September
- Staff/Parent Introductions Tea Party for Years 3 & 4 (at 4.15pm in Haybrook Hall)
- Setting of Travancore Homework begins
Wednesday 5 September
- Open Forum Meeting for Year 6 Parents (at 8.30am in Haybrook Hall)
- OPRO Mouth guard fitting in school (see attached information sheet)
- Staff/Parent Introductions Tea Party for Years 7 & 8 (at 4.15pm in Haybrook Hall)
Thursday 6 September
- FoSF Welcome Back Coffee Morning (at 8.30am in Haybrook Hall)
- Staff/Parent Introductions Tea Party for Years 5 & 6 (at 4.15pm in Haybrook Hall)
Prize Winners Many congratulations to all of our Speech Day prize winners and thank you for your co-operation in returning the cups and shields awarded before the end of Speech Day. Mr Butler is now working hard to display the prizes in school, along with winners’ names for this year and previous years.
Staff/Parent Introductions Tea Parties Please find below a link to a letter of invitation to the Staff/Parent Tea Parties which take place at the start of next term. The Tea Parties provide an opportunity for parents and teachers to meet each other over a cup of tea and a slice of cake, to put faces to names, and to establish a good working relationship at an early stage of the school year. This year, there will also be a brief talk about the school’s Learning Ethos. Please RSVP using the link in the letter, on which bookings can be made for After School Care Club and Homework Club on the relevant afternoon.
Mouth guards for Sport Pupils in Years 3 and above are required to wear mouth guards when they play hockey and rugby. Please see an e-mail from the Sports Department about a facility we offer through school to obtain a mouth guard through OPRO.
1. Issue 169 of ‘The Harvest’ fortnightly school newsletter.
2. A PDF version of next term’s Calendar.
3. A letter of invitation to a talk for parents about Youth Mental Health (at school on Wednesday 12 September).
And for next year’s Years 3 to 8:
With best wishes to you all for a very enjoyable summer break – and good luck once again to all of our leavers, especially for when they start at their new schools in September.